USWM from Montreal and well wishes to the Society of Santa-Clausterphobic

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Sat Dec 20 01:32:10 CST 2008

Have you ever looked forward to a conversation or an interview because you
sincerely wanted to ask some poignant questions, get deep into the truth,
because you cared deeply about something?

Then after the lengthy, long-awaited repartee you review the conversation
(maybe you’re lucky like IndieCan and you have it recorded) and you
realize that through out the whole conversations, you engaged with well
prepared questions but not one of these thoughtful queries was given a
straight answer.  You’ve been duped!  Yet try as you may, you can’t be
frustrated or disappointed because A) you can’t help but admire the ease
at which the other party controlled the agenda and B) it was so damned
entertaining that the interview couldn’t have gone any better.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this week we bring you up close and personal to the
songs and the story behind the songs of the United Steel Workers of
Montreal.  Now, if you were counting on us to bring you "investigative
journalism," an intimate and  revealing expose of the genius behind the
music of USMW, I hope you’re good at cryptic crossword puzzles, because

well, you’ll see for yourself.

Now on the other hand if your attitude is “Fuck off, Dr. Phil, let’s just
keep the good times rolling!” then  this weeks radio show will have you
unsure if you’re crying or laughing.

Either way, don’t stream this weeks’ show – download it.  You’re going to
want to hear it more than once.  It’s OK to come back for seconds – it
won’t make you fat.

Episode 106 of IndieCan Radio was hosted by Kris and Don from Halifax and
this week we are Production DNA Studio in Montreal with Dave Cool hosting.
 I can’t tell you how delighted I am to get more of our community active
at IndieCan Radio.  So that’s Ottawa, Halifax and Montreal stepping up to
the plate
 Vancouver, can you hear this?  Let’s rock and roll from Pacific
Standard Time!

Also, on this week’s show, from Montreal, The Jon Cohen Experimental,
Black Diamond Bay and The Mittenstrings.  We catch up with Galore and
“X-Mas” Carole Pope and give you some Edmonton indie with Women.

Carl Comeau talks to Dave Cool about a great idea that combines music and
booze.  Are we good or what?!!?

Other Goings on at IndieCan this week:

“Some balls are held for charity
And some for fancy dress
But when they're held for pleasure
They're the balls that I like best” AC/DC ~ Wednesday December 10th XM
Satellite’s Channel 87 THE VERGE had their “Thank God It’s Not Another
XMAS Party!” Gala
This was a free event at Tattoo Rock Parlour.  Moneen, The Arkells and
Hollerado played to the 500 that got in of the 700 that RSVPed.  Come read
all about it:

http://www.indiecan.com/events.htm

Coming soon:  Kenny MacLean’s tribute, Carole Pope at Tattoo Rock Parlour,
The Craft Economy CD release party +++.

For those of you who love this time of year, you know what to do, for
those of you who find it cruel and unusual punishment – you’re not alone.
The dysfunctional community of the Santa-Claus-ter-phobic Society is there
with you in spirit.

Joe Chisholm
host
IndieCan Radio
www.indiecan.com
info at indiecan.com
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=24421965144
THIS WEEK’s show (listen now) United Steel Workers of Montreal live at
IndieCan:
http://www.indiecan.com/112IndieCanRadio.mp3

Last Week in case you are a slack ass and you never got around to it:
54-40 - something new, something old, something blue, something gold,
Elliott Brood, The Maynards, The Craft Economy and more
http://www.indiecan.com/radio.htm#episode111
IndieCan- crappy cam: http://au.youtube.com/user/IndieCanJoe