more, best music you've never heard from Ottawa Blues Fest

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Fri Aug 14 03:11:04 CDT 2009

Cisco Ottawa Blues Fest is the longest running annual music festival in
Canada.  Through 12 days IndieCan scoped out great emerging artists and
that's what our focus is for Episode 143.

We have the new boys with the traditional style like David Go Go, USWM,
Monkey Junk, Paul Deslauriers, Ken Workman and the Union as well as whole
new sounds from Hollerado, Dan Mangan, My, My, Elephant Stone, Will Black
and The Pale Ale Singers.

http://www.indiecan.com/radio.htm

http://www.indiecan.com/143IndieCanRadio.mp3

Check out the seven galleries of pictures and see if you are up to date on
Hillside and other IndieCan coverage.

It's our pleasure to share great emerging music and be part of this
fabulous culture loving community.

Our final word goes to Michael Raycraft, emcee at Hillside who took a dig
at Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper who recently cut funding to the
arts.  From the Hillside Main stage, Michael invited fans to take the
opportunity, next time they bump into the prime minister, to "...look at
the Canadian $20 bill and read the quote by Gabrielle Roy (1909  to 1983)
on the back of the bill: 'Could we know each other even slightly, without
the arts?' "

Enjoy this week's show, let us know what you think of Ms. Roy's commentary
:-)

Joe C
host
IndieCan Radio