TIFF, SouthSide Shuffle and Jim Armstong live-at-IndieCan

info at indiecan.com info at indiecan.com
Fri Sep 10 11:48:42 CDT 2010

Happy Fall, music fans.

At Toronto International Film Festival a documentary will be screened
about Newfoundland's Ron Hynes - "A Man of a Thousand Songs."  If you love
Canadian culture you want to see this flick.  Amelia Curran appears and
performs in the doc which spans two years and looks back to Ron's original
record deal, his battle with drugs, booze, alter-ego and a balanced life
of being a father and community man and being beholden to his role as
songwriter and performer.  I got to see the movie and talk to the man.
Ron will be our guest on episode 196 of IndieCan Radio.

This week, Jim Armstrong and the Sonic Deli Band is live-at-IndieCan with
some brand new music, not yet released.  We have a fun chat and we
captured some magical musical moments from Sonic Deli’s Bloor West studio.
 Also this week, more HILLSIDE with Tannis Slimmon, Digging Roots and
Yukon Blonde.

We have David Rotundo Band, who are gearing up for South Side Shuffle this
weekend in Port Credit http://www.southsideshuffle.com/ which includes a
free street festival with dozens of bands all day Saturday.

We have Teenage Kid, catl and a “where are they now’ shout out for Public
and Sonica.

Hear it now;
http://www.indiecan.com/192IndieCanRadio.m3u

hear more HILLSIDE from last week + great stuff from our inbox
http://www.indiecan.com/191IndieCanRadio.m3u

Read all about it – this and other IndieCan shows:
http://www.indiecan.com/podcast.htm

love and kisses,

Team IndieCan